1 in every 5 American children has untreated dental cavities according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). If you want to preserve your child's smile, Dr. Jody Cremer of NRH Pediatric Dentistry provides sealants and fillings in North Richland Hill, TX, to protect your child's brilliant smile.
Your child's teeth are vulnerable to tooth decay. That's why they need your constant guidance to care for their teeth. Helping them to brush twice daily might not be enough to protect their teeth from the damaging effect of food debris and bacteria. Dental sealants form a barrier over your child's teeth. To get the most out of dental sealants, consider applying them early. A great time to start is between the ages of 5-11 as your child's premolars begin to erupt. The best part is that the procedure is painless and quick and would be saving your child from a great deal of unnecessary dental problems in the future.
When tooth decay occurs, it doesn't have to be the end of the road for the affected tooth. If your child's tooth already has cavities, their dentist, Dr. Cremer, could remove the decay and fill the tooth with a tooth filling. Filling the decayed tooth could help preserve your child's smile and prevent migration of tooth decay to the underlying permanent teeth.
Benefits of Sealants and Fillings
- Prevent tooth decay Dental sealants protect your teeth from food debris and bacteria that cause tooth decay.
- Protect your child's permanent teeth Failing to treat decay in your child's baby teeth can cause it to spread into their permanent teeth below.
- Preserve your child's teeth alignment If you extract the decaying tooth instead of treating it with tooth fillings, other teeth can move thus, changing your child's teeth alignment.
- Save the decaying tooth Filling the decaying tooth preserves its function and saves your child from undergoing painful tooth extractions.
- Prevent future painful dental procedures Using sealants and fillings in North Richland Hill, TX, for your kid can protect them from needing more invasive dental procedures later on.
If you want to protect your child's smile, consider discussing sealants and fillings with their dentist in North Richland Hill, TX. Call (817) 427-1700 to schedule an appointment with your pediatric dentist, Dr. Cremer of NRH Pediatric Dentistry today.